The Rain

When I was younger, I loved the rain. It was like I was drawing strength from it. Like every drop of rain was a drop of energy filling me inside. I loved it so much that I enjoyed walking in the rain, not even minding if my clothes and shoes and even my bag gets wet.

Rain was like my element when I was younger.. when I was way way younger. But as I grew older, I started to develop a sense of hate for it.

If before, rain was equaled to joy, laughter and strength now, rain to me means gloom, sadness, cold, and loneliness.

I can't really explain why it changed. But I guess, it comes with age. I guess, as one grows older, most things change in perspective and what was once something nice would turn out to be something you'd end up not liking anymore.

Rain. Makes you feel cold. Makes you stop for a while. Makes you want to sit in one corner and think. Rain. It is one thing that makes you stop doing what you normally do and give you so much idle time to feel that no one is there with you.


Picture courtesy of:
http://rapaddicted.deviantart.com/

5 comments:

Joanna Eris said...

OMG, we feel the same, we blog the same...
Are we passing thru the same road..? :)

Boi Wander said...

maybe.. or it must be the weather
hehehe!
keep smiling! ^_^

Mickey Celles said...

I saw you by my window walking the same path but on opposite sides of the road. That was while I was makeing my new blog. SO add me up and I'll link you together so you wouldn't have to walk in the rain alone --- then there would be the three of us!

Boi Wander said...

hmmm.. clueless on what u mean by this.. who's the third person???

Joanna Eris said...

Hey Micks!!! I've linked you up :)
keep on blogging my blog buddies :)